Dating a country man
As hard as it is to believe, there are women who do not know the joys of having doors opened to them. Dance the Boot-Scooting Boogie or spend the night watching shooting stars at the old deer stall with a warm, strong man. The following list is for them.
1. Girls grow up in love with horses … most of them, anyway. A country man is likely to know how to ride one, be excited to ride one with you, and actually have a pair on his farm to match his cowboy hat and boot.
2. You are safe with a country man. Nobody in their right mind is going to mess with a guy who may have a hidden gun in his boot.
3. A country man was raised by his mother. He will open doors for you, pull out your chair, treat you with respect and would never consider being Dutch.
4. Have you ever really looked at a cowboy?
5. You don’t have to dress up. If you wear your skinny jeans and a nice t-shirt, you will be impressed and you should look perfect to go to Nascar, the honky-tonk, or to experience the thrill of the mud.
6. Farmers generally have a lot more money than you think because they don’t spend it on oversized houses, fancy clothes, or expensive gadgets. They like things to be plain and simple. That doesn’t mean that a redneck doesn’t believe in luxury; you just don’t think you have to impress the world.
7. Countrymen tend to be raised with conservative values. This makes them a poor choice for a hippie girl, but a perfect choice if you are looking for a nice guy to start a family with.
8. More peasants are heroes. The typical white-collar man will not walk into a burning building. A country boy will. You’d be surprised how many firefighters, police, and soldiers are countries to the core.
9. Countrymen have a great sense of humor. It comes from years of laughing at themselves and their brother Jimmy, who went fishing with dynamite.
10. Country men appreciate how a lady should be. If you look classy, they will treat you that way. If you decide to look sexy, watch out! A southern man is surprisingly good at picking up on your personal vibe at any time. She also understands that it doesn’t mean no, probably because her mom put it into her head.
The real question: why do you want to date a country man? If you are a peasant woman, the answer is obvious. If not, here’s my bet: He’s been exposed to countrymen who seem to have the ideals of a romantic hero. You’re curious, are they really like that?
Yes they are. And they are waiting for that perfect romantic heroine who is not afraid to get her hands dirty, the tough but feminine lady. You could be her.