Frequently asked questions during an interview at the UK Home Office – ICS Legal
Possible questions to expect in a UK visa application interview.
When attending the Home Office Center, it is extremely important to make sure you are following the established process.
• UKVI centers are generally managed by VFS Global and Teleperformance.
• With most centers, you will need to keep a scheduled appointment. You will be denied entry if you attend without a pre-booked appointment.
• Be sure to assist with the required documents as per the guidelines.
Questions or Topics Covered:
• Confirm your full name, date of birth and nationality.
• Describe the reasons behind your visa application and what you plan to do during your stay.
Visit the visa application:
• How will it be maintained during your stay?
• What are you planning to do in the UK during your visit?
• Will you work or study during your stay?
• What is your current situation in your country of origin.
• What family, social or cultural ties you have with your country of origin.
Work visa application:
• Can you provide us with details of your job role and what you will do during your employment?
• Confirm your start date and salary.
• Tell us about your experiences and qualifications.
Entrepreneur / Investor Visa Application:
• Tell us about your current circumstances and the type of work you do.
• How did you get the funds to meet the application requirements?
• What will you do with the funds in the UK and how will you invest the money?
Student visa application:
• What course do you have to study in the UK?
• What else are you planning to do during your stay in the UK?
• Will you be leaving the UK at the end of the course?
• How will it be maintained during the stay?
• Are you really going to study in the UK?
It is imperative to make sure you know the requirements of your visa application. You should expect the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to raise questions about the information and documents that you have released and submitted with the application.
We wish you the best of luck with your application. Contact us if you need our support with any aspect related to your application.
We have used our experiences and information collected from customers to generalize possible questions. Please note that these are not guaranteed questions as other types of questions may be asked depending on personal circumstances and documents presented.
Thank you for reading. ICS Legal