How to defend yourself strongly in FIFA 11
If you are passionate about playing FIFA 11 and want to win more matches then you should improve your defense skills. That’s because even if you’re good at attacking plays like ‘ball through’, ‘spikes’, ‘free throws’, etc., you don’t want to lose 5: 4, but rather win 2: 0 or 1: 0.
So pay more attention to defending playstyle than attacking, but you should be good enough to score goals in the first place because this article is about defending and not attacking.
Defend the style of play that you must master:
1. Stand your ground and let the opponent fool you. Because if you get in his way and you don’t give him room to run, he may make a missed pass or he may panic and shoot early. This does not mean that you should stand still and do nothing, but rather that you should anticipate your opponent’s move and make your move to go on his career path line.
2. When the attacker is near you, press B (Note: the keys mentioned here are not keyboard settings, but Xbox controller keys, so use the appropriate keys you set for your keyboard) to tackle, here the time It is important. He has to be at the right distance to make the tackle. If you are new and not sure of the moment and everything, tap B like 2 or 3 times when your opponent is close to you.
3. Follow the attacker by pressing A + RT and press LT at the appropriate time as in the previous step. You have to practice and find the right time for these tackles. But don’t use too much Sprint (RT) + A, otherwise you could lose too much energy too fast. So use it properly and effectively.
4. You can block the movements of your opponents by pressing LT and RT constantly, which will help you avoid crosses and passes. This is a joke. This can also be used when you know your opponent is going to “ball through”. All you have to do is give control to the defending player who is close to your opponent who has started running forward, and press LT to catch up with that attacker.
5. You can ask your other defender or nearby player to join you in defending by pressing and holding B. You have to get it right before your opponent gets close to you, otherwise the player near you won’t have enough time to block the attacker. Use this sparingly, because you are creating some open space by calling other players close to you and if you get it wrong you may pay the price as your opponent can use that open space to pass or move towards your target.
6. Last but not least, the sliding tackle. It can save your team in desperate times, but again, you must use it at the right time. Press X to do a sliding tackle. Do not attack the player and slide on him while doing so. Try to aim for the ball and get ahead and then make a sliding tackle. As they say, the sliding tackle can be spectacular if you time it correctly, or else you may be looking at the referee who signals you with a yellow or red card.
That is all for now. Enjoy defending and play fair.
You can try using different keys to see how the game responds. One that I found to defend in FIFA 11 works fine for me, but it takes some practice to master.